Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sample Paragraphs

(1) Topic sentence
(2) Supporting sentence #1
(3) Supporting sentence #2
(4) Supporting sentence #3
(5) Concluding sentence

A simple sample paragraph for "what now":

(1) Many excellent films have been produced recently in the United States, but my favorite movie is "Titanic." (2) I enjoy "Titanic" because it is based on an actual historical event, the sinking of the ship "Titanic" in 1912. (3) I also like this movie because it shows that people of different economic classes can still fall in love. (4) Finally, I am impressed by this film because it is the first movie to use elaborate digital special effects. (5) I will probably continue to watch "Titanic" with my friends every year as I have since it came out in 1997.

A simple sample paragraph for "so what":

(1) Couscous is my favorite Moroccan dish. (2) I enjoy eating couscous because it has a lot of vegetables, which is very healthy. (3) Couscous is particularly good because it comes in many varieties, such as chicken and lamb. (4) In addition, this traditional meal brings together the entire family every Friday. (5) Couscous is the preferred dish of many Moroccans, including me, because it is part of our cultural and culinary heritage.

Still confused? Have a question? Post a comment.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to thank Ms Maddi for this website that will help us more in our studies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, extra help is exactly what we need. thank you professor

    ReplyDelete
  3. right , this is a kind of many modern way of teaching , and also we can have an idea aout the lecture .so it's helpful and thanks again ms maddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Greatings every S1(english students),including our professor Miss Maddie koch,
    nice examples of paragraphs,simple and sample,as far as the matter is important to all of us.
    I wish the best of luck to my close friends,
    Rachid and Nourddine.
    I always trust you as I trust my English dictionary.
    you should use your (seat-belt),and DO your best during the exam.
    the best of luck again.

    ReplyDelete